MASTERDEC is a programme of 60 credits (48 compulsory and 12 optional). It has three compulsory modules (12 subjects) that provide basic knowledge and competences in strategic communication. In addition, students must study one optional module (4 subjects), in which they can choose between different subjects.
The Master's Dregree promotes the transversality and the complementarity between professional and research areas, making use of the contributions of each one of them and creating synergies between both, which will allow an integral formation for the students in order to be able to develop their professional and/or academic curriculum in the strategic communication area.
Description of the modules
The three basic (and compulsory) modules are:
- Strategic analysis of situation: it focuses on provideding knowledge and the cognitive and instrumental competencies for investigation and analysis of the environments of the organizations. It is focused on the methods of investigation and analysis of information.
- Strategic management of communication: its objective is to provide knowledge and cognitive and instrumental competencies for strategic planification of communication in organizations. It is focused on process, decisions and communication management skills at a strategic level both in the medium and long term, as well as in the specific problems of crisi situations.
- Master's degree final project: It is an individual or team dissertation guided by a tutor. It will be carried out according to the students' interests, either towards a professional profile or towards academic research. It can also be carried out as a "professional internship" in a company or institution, through the modality of curricular internship to carry out a specific project in the institution, during an academic trimester.
Furthermore, there are two complementary modules:
- Optional Subjects: every year subjects of different topics will be offered.
- Training Complements: Besides the 60 credits of the Master's degree there will be a compulsory module in order to even out those students who come from different areas of the communication and who needs a specialized introduction.
The methodology used in MASTERDEC is based on two central concepts:
- It combines analysis and reflection on the theoretical foundations with the study and realization of exercises and practical cases. There may be subjects or modules that are completely theoretical or practical, or a combination of both.
- It integrates face-to-face classes in which the basic instructions of work are given and concepts, methods, tools and practical cases are treated and discussed individually and in groups within and outside the class schedule.
- Agustí Andreu
- Santiago Ariste
- María Alejandra Arréllaga
- Josep Bertrán
- Bistra Bojidarova
- Arantxa Capdevila
- Paul Capriotti
- Enric Castelló
- Jordi Farré
- Sunsi Huertas
- Carlota Moragas
- Bartomeu Navarro
- Marta Nel·lo
- Daniel Olivares
- Encarnació Rodríguez
- Iolanda Tortajada
- Ramon Vidiella
Guest speakers and special sessions
The Masterdec program includes special sessions with guest lecturers. During the course 2017-18, we were pleased with the participation of the following speakers:
- Juan Manuel Cozzi, Director of the Regional Centre of Santa Fe, Universidad Concepción del Uruguay, Argentina.
- Juan Manuel Robles, co-founder of Adsmurai.
- Marc Homedes, press officer of the General Directorate of Civil Protection of the Generalitat of Catalonia.
- Maria Targa, expert in international comerce, tourism and European programmes.
- Jan Gonzalo, professor at URV expert in gammification.
- Xavier Ribera, communication manager of the Chemical Companies Association of Tarragona (AEQT).
- Joaquim Queralt, Montblanc Tourism Office and Manager of Montblanc Medieval