MASTERDEC provides to the students with knowledge of the concepts, and with skills and values of strategic communication in complex environments, in which there is a need of responsible and competent professionals to carry out research.
The Master's degree provides knowledge of different aspects and areas of strategic communication, training students in analysis, assessment, diagnosis, planning and implementation.
- Learning the theoretical and methodological concepts about strategic communication for companies, institutions and organizations in the risk society, both for professional application or research.
- Identifying and understanding the processes and the informative and communicative phenomena of the companies, institutions and organizations in the risk society.
- Analysing and assessing the impact of information and communication technologies, as well as of the technological innovations in the risk society and its relationship and application in strategic communication management.
- Creating and developing communication strategies for each type of companies, institutions and organizations, as well as having knowledge about the concepts and techniques of strategic planification of communication in changeable environments.
- Developing research tasks, analysis and communication planification at a high level and requirement, having control over language, processes and methodology carrying out scientific and professional projects.
MASTERDEC students will be able to carry out internships in companies and institutions during the academic period in the framework of the internships' URV offer of the Student Help Center. For further information visit the following web: External internships.
The Masterdec permits to enrol in the mobility programs at URV (Erasmus, MOU, etc.) with the destination which the master had open agreements. If your option is to take the Master in two years and spend a semester abroad, contact with the coordinator before enrolling.
Open Agreements for the year 2017-18
Belgium - Universiteit Antwerpen
Belgium - Universiteit Gent
Brasil - Universidade de Sao Paolo
Colombia - Universidad Autónoma de Occidente
Germany - Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Germany - Universität Hohenheim
Italy - Università degli Studi di Urbino 'Carlo Bo'
Japan - Hiroshima University
Mexico - Guadalajara University
Poland - Uniwersytet Gdanski
Portugal - Instituto Politecnico de Portalegre
Slovenia - Univerza v Mariboru
Sweden - Lunds Universiteit
Switzerland - Universitya de la Svizzera Italiana
United Kingdom - University of South Wales
United States - NothEastern University
The Master's degree trains the students to work in different profiles related to strategic communication, such as in agencies (of publicity, PR, communication and corporate image, marketing, etc.) companies, institutions and organizations (from all sectors). The job profile will also depend on the student's curriculum.
- Director/Responsible of a Communication Department or Press Office
- Director/Senior Account Manager in agencies
- Director of own agency
- Independent consultant of strategic communication
- Assistant to the Direction of Communication
- Senior Account Executive in agencies
- Corporate and institutional communication analyst
- Researcher at universities or research institutes
MASTERDEC enables the access to the Doctoral Programme in Anthropology and Communication of the URV. The Communication Studies Department of the URV is the responsible unit of the Doctoral specific area of "Communication", whose central aim is to train doctors in advanced research of quality on the lines of specialization of the Department itself. The Doctoral Programme in Anthropology and Communication is independent of the Master's degree and for this reason it requires a different application for admission.
For further information about the Doctoral Programme in Anthropology and Communication, click here and/or contact:
Department of Communication Studies
Dr. Jordi Farré